Friday 20 August 2010

Refuge

Refuge


This is the place where the madness goes careering

Across cliff tops and endless moors, the wind is hard

vociferous and looking. Constant searching.

We’ll be safe enough here till dawn rears it’s ugly head,

Neither him nor her can touch us, safety,

This is the maiden’s virgin bed.

I won’t judge you, I will listen,

Carefully to your every tale of misery and disillusionment

Remember this? You have disarmed me..

Word perfect in theory, saying nothing in reality

But a poet in your own right. Baby, hold tight,

Things are about to get rocky, I willed this into being

And now we’re seeing the outcome of that spontaneous decision

I have thrown other possibilities back into the ocean,

So I won’t own them, so you can’t have them.

You’ll hear me now, yes, yes, you’ll love me then

We were the perfect ones and I know… I know we can be perfect again

No comments:

Post a Comment